6.25.2013

Cottage Style Party #50




Let's take a walk in the garden this week.


Since I live in a cottage home,

I try to have a cottage garden too.



There's lots of color, birdbaths, and something blooming all the time.


Have a peek...






Remember the curbside find white picket fence I added back in the spring?



Here it is with pink lilies poking through it.

Just like I imagined!





Here's another section with fennel fronds and a lonely native daylily.






Black hollyhocks are blooming next to the weathered wood fence.





The perennial leeks are finally flowering 6 weeks later than last year!







A bee visits a barely blooming lavender flower.






A native daylily looks almost 3-D against the background.






Lavender plays a big part in my garden.






The roses are new this year and so lovely!







This daylily is also new moving into a newly vacated spot.






These neon pink petunias mesh well with the pink barberry below them.






Another gorgeous lily blooms.






First time for a caladium in my garden...

I'll definitely bring it back next year!






A tiny fig grows on my fig tree.





Even the sage is pretty and edible!






A friend just gave me this beautiful birdbath.





A close up...I love it!






The fern bed is fluffy and full this year!






A lovely peach daylily blooms in the daylily bed.




Cute story:


I was sitting out in my garden this weekend when I noticed

a small bunny moving towards me.

It hopped a little then would stand up and listen.

Then it hopped a little more and listened.

I figured it could smell me but wasn't sure where I was.

It hopped right under the chair I was sitting in!

Then it hopped over a couple of feet, stood up and sniffed the air again,

before hopping over to nibble on my lettuce.

I was so delighted I didn't even care!






Any little adventures happening in your garden?













How is everyone this week?


Welcome to summer at the Cottage Style Party!


Let's see what you've been up to...







I love this display which artfully brings the outside in!




Stop by Wings of Eagles blog to see more of clever display and all the birds!







I adore these romantic bees wax candles tucked into a birdbath!




And what is that I smell? Gardenias? Yum!

Stop by Kathy's blog A Delightsome Life to see more of her lovely garden!








How cute are these moss bunnies?

And how about that gorgeously huge clock above them?

Woot!




To see details of this adorable bunny display, stop

by Suzy Q's blog At The Farmhouse!








































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:






















16 comments:

  1. Your flowers are stunning! We saw a couple of rabbits 'playing' not far from us in our back yard the other day-so cute! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous garden photos - flowers are amazing! Thanks for hosting, Debi! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous garden images! Thank you for hosting this great party. Big Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh everything is so wonderful - the birdbath is amazing - and the dark hollyhock - oh how I adore them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable story! Gorgeous garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your flower photos and look forward to your party every week. Thanks for hosting another lovely hop!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Hollyhocks! We have a desert cottontail who visits daily- we toss apple peels and carrots to him. When he first started visiting he was tiny but has grown quickly :)
    Thanks for hosting~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is absolutely amazing, so many flowers, so many colours. And I would have melted as well at the sight of a little bunny hopping my way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your garden tour! The bird bath is amazing! Thanks for hosting - have a great day! Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your different lilies are beautiful! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flowers are simply gorgeous - - the colours are just amazing. Thank you so much for hosting The Cottage Garden Party. This is my first time linking up. It is such fun!
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charming pictures. A visit with your blog always has me smiling and feeling refreshed in spirit. Thanks you for hosting - I always find the nicest posts here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the orange daylily photo with great blurry blue background! Such refreshing photos. My caladium drowned this spring from rain, but yours are so very pretty. Thanks for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are gorgeous!! Our caladiums are making a big show too.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those first pink lilies and the barberry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!