5.21.2013

Cottage Style Party #45



I must admit, after last weeks mini-meltdown,


I started this weeks post right away.




I would not be caught off guard by another ladder...ha!



And then I got distracted....


...but in a good way!





Let's chat about something near and dear to my heart.



That's right, 


it's 






P E O N Y      W E E K











Woot!





I thought I had another week or two before these 

*luscious blooms* 

would grace my garden, but no, they started blooming this week!




Before I could even take a few pics of the bushes,


I picked a bouquet!



One thing lead to another and I just had to freshen up my mantle.


Make it peony ready, that is.





I added some things, took away some things, then added a new clock.

 I bought it for another room, but, well, you know how it goes!







Mantle with peonies...




and


...without.


I'm loving it with peonies right now but I realize their time is short lived.







Some of these are not even open all the way yet.

Can you smell that yummy fragrance?

mmmm...






Depending on the weather *PEONY WEEK* may


stretch into 2 weeks...


if we are lucky!





Whats blooming at your cottage?











Hello!


It's another week of our favorite party on the web.


Welcome to this weeks 

Cottage Style Party!


Let's get started...







This garden tea looks so inviting.

How cute are those pink rose linens!




Drop by Bernideen's Tea Time blog for an invite to tea!







It must be catching. spring is a great time to redo your mantle.

I love everything about this mantle update, but I really 

love the books tucked inside...so clever!




Stop by Revisionary Life to see the details of this 

mantle update...including the books!






I just can't resist a girl who loves allium!

How sweet is she?




To see more of this allium-loving lass and her mom's gorgoeus allium photos,

hop on over to Lara's blog Air Kissed!








Don't forget to pick up your button on the side!




















Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:























13 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! I just stopped by and was tickled lavender to see my mantel featured at your party!
    Thanks so much - for hosting AND for the feature.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being a gracious hostess each week, Debi :) Lovely features! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith, I love Peonies! Mine are still in bud. Can't wait till I have gorgeous blooms. My Lilacs are just about to burst. My sweet Rocket is really putting on a show. Love the new clock and the flowers are wonderful on the mantle. Glad to be joining in tonight.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks great! Love your peonies-gorgeous! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your great mantel...giving me ideas how to decorate mine for the summer. Thanks....
    And, thanks for hosting this party...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific mantel! Thank you for hosting dear friend..such a great party!
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your peonies are great and that mantel is very delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was sweet that you featured me first tea in the garden for the season! Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy those peonies- lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb,

    Your peonies are gorgeous! I can't wait for mine to open. Wonderful features from last week. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to recover! I awoke this morning to discover that last night's thunderstorm deflowered a few of my Peonies! I should have picked them! Fortunately there are a few more buds left to open! LOVE your mantel! I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your peonies are just beautiful.....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bernideen, your peonies are gorgeous as is you mantle! Wish I could smell them. They are my favorites too although I do not have any in my current garden. I enjoyed seeing yours.

    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  13. love peonies. still waiting for mine to open up and show their beauty! thanks for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's Garden Party this week...hugs! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!