5.07.2013

Cottage Style Party #43




Around the cottage spring means many things.


Like this:






and also this:




Antique Show Season!


The Tri-State Antique Market is held the first 

Sunday of every month from May through October 

in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.





Being my first show of the season and raining

my display skills were rusty and rusting!




The stack of silver plate cake plates and display items 

were a real eye catcher despite the crappy photo!





Remember this blue wicker chair?




It has a twin!

Even better...they sold!




The garden trug on the bench was popular but

sold on Etsy later that after noon!




The Scots cooler sold to a guy whose wife let him buy it...lol!




It was fun to be back selling antiques at the market despite the rain all day.




That long stretch of boxes was from the guy at my local flea market who yells out 

"everythings a quarter". He did not say that once on Sunday...hmmm.







Note the puddles and tents...and jackets...it was cold and rainy.






This couple walked by 4 times and that is all they found in their cart.

Yikes!

I could have filled my truck a dozen times with just the stuff I could see from my booth!







Plastic tarps cover some of the items.

Where's the shoppers?






As the rain fell harder the umbrellas came out.

I even saw one shopper who held her umbrella over her dog!

(sorry..no pics of that!)



I had one little rush of shoppers and then the rain really 

started pouring and everyone headed for shelter.


Except for me...


After 6 hours of being soaking wet and cold, 

I packed it up and went home to unload, dry off and take a nap.



Then I went back out into the rain to plant tomatoes...





At least all that rain was good for something!





How was your weekend?












Welcome to this weeks



Cottage Style Party!




Thanks to everyone who identified the pot strainer!


Funny, I was looking at it the other day and it 

suddenly dawned on me what it might be.

So I checked your comments and it WAS a pot strainer!


I think I just had my first senior moment...gah!


Thanks again for setting me straight!!!






Let's get this party started!





How sweet is this fairy garden?

This is an incredibly creative use for an old nonworking fountain!





I am loving these fairy gardens and Poetry in a Pot of Tea has two of them!





This is such a welcoming front porch display!

I love the chippy paint, plantings, the roses painting...everything!




Wait till you see how cozy the rest of her porch is!

Stop by Penny's Vintage Home to see just how cozy!







I am a sucker for a kitty on a bench!

Don't they always take the newest, most comfy seat?





This bench is just a small part of Carol's garden room at Art and Sand.

Drop in to see more of it!







Don't forget to pick up your button on the side!









































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:

























17 comments:

  1. First...I LOVE you pretty alums. :)
    Second...I wonder if the guy only makes his offer to the fleas and not to the antiquers?
    Third...you are one brave gal to hang out in the cold rain all day. I hope you sold enough to make it worth your time and packing and unpacking and carting all your lovelies.

    Wishing you an extraordinary week.
    Be sure to stop by to help me celebrate my blogiversary and enter of a few lovely giveaways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a very successful day at the sale! I think I would have for sure and not even caring if it rained, lol.. The features look great too. Thank you so much for the terrific party. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting this lovely party. I love the photos of the antique show. so sorry about the chill and the rain. Even here in the South, we are still battling the rain and chill. Good for the garden though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just popped over from...oh gosh, not sure now, having a little fun blog hopping...lol. Anyway, I love your post; antique markets are the best. Wish we had some closer to home. Love those baskets in a stack. Good for you for planting your tomatoes. I planted them yesterday myself. (Now just watch the weather turn!) I like your link-up and live in an old, heritage craftsman cottage. I'm not sure what is needed so I'll go visit some of the gals and check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was getting the link to the party for my post and saw my bench and Bear. So sweet of you. Bear's been a little put out this week. I had to take the cushion off because of rain.

    Thanks for hosting and featuring Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great array of photos for ODW ~ Hope you have sunshine for your next show ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure the rain put a damper on the Sherman's March multi city sale going on in Georgia. But, those who braved the rain I bet found some amazing treasures - I see a few things in your pictures that would have caught my eye! Marvelous features - I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope rain won't last for ever in your neck of the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that you had such a rainy day. Looks like you did o.k. despite the wet weather. I have scotch cooler like that and I love it. Foolish me put it out on my porch one summer and now it's a little faded. Thanks for hosting. I just saw your featured button. I will add it to my blog and link to an old featured post.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I see lots of fun things-too bad it was so yucky out! Thanks for hosting and have a great week! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun- an antique market! We don't have many in California- especially not compared to all those we saw back in Pennsylvania when we visited. Thank you for featuring my Fountain Fairy Garden and for hosting this link up. Happy Mother's Day~
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the stuff in your booth. I would be a buyer for sure if I were close by. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. New GFC Follower! Thanks for hosting!

    -Brittany Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun seeing the treasures at the Antiques Market. Too bad it rained so much that even a dog needed an umbrella. It looks like your garden is getting off to a good start. Your tomato plants were certainly watered in well.

    Thanks for hosting the link up.

    Have a happy Mother's Day.

    Susie @ Persimmon Moon Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks terrific - would have loved to have been there! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!